Sunday, November 3, 2013

Childbirth In Your Life and Around the World

Childbirth In My Life
 
I've never been pregnant, nor have I ever been apart of any birthing processes. So I'm going to tell you about my birth. According to my mother, she arrived at St. Francis Hospital, in Blue Island, IL on June 21, 1986 at 10:00 a.m. because she was beginning to have some cramping and contractions. She said that  my birth was a easy one. She had me naturally and I was born by 12:15p.m. She was in labor for only 3 hours. I was 6 pounds, 7 ounces and 21 inches long. I was born with jaundice, but it wasn't that severe. The doctor told her to just make sure to give me some sunlight when she got home to cure the jaundice. She said when she got home that first week she would place me in my chair and sit me in front of the window so I could receive some sunlight. Also, she told me that when I was 5months old she had me tested for glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency (G6PD) because my father had it and she wanted to find out if I had it, which I didn't.


Childbirth Around the World

No comments:

Post a Comment