Saturday, January 18, 2014

Reflecting on Building Relationships

 
Relationships are important to me because it is something that you have to deal with on a daily basis. By having relationships with people can give you a better understanding of who you are. For example, if you come from a loving and supportive family then more than likely you have a good healthy relationship with people which tell you a lot about your character. In the photos below are some of the people that I have a great relationship with. In the first photo is a picture of my immediate family which consists of me, my uncle, my grandparents, and my mother. My relationship with my family is very close knit, loving, and supportive. The next photo starting from the left is a picture of me and my mother on the day I graduated from college. My relationship with my mother is very supportive because we're all we got. My father was killed before I was born and my mother never got a chance to tell him that she was pregnant. She's a very lovely and strong single mother. She put her dreams aside to help me fulfill my own. In the middle photo is a picture of me in my best friend when we were children. My relationship with my best friend is very close. We have been friends since I was born. Our parents are best friends as well and I am her child godmother. My best friend is always there when I need her and vice versa. In the last photo is a photo of me and my sorority sisters. My relationship with my sorority sisters is very supportive and loving. Who would ever thought that all 31 of us would be chosen to become a member of an illustrious sorority. We are always there for one another, we support each other's goals and dreams, we help support the goals and dreams of our communities and we have built long lasting relationships and friendships.  
 

2 comments:

  1. Alisha,
    It warms the heart to hear of all of your supportive relationships! I agree with you that the quality of relationships in your life will affect our relationships in other aspects of our life, such as professional relationships. Can you share with us how your supportive personal relationships help you face challenges in your professional relationships?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alisha,
    Wow reading your story was amazing and thank you for sharing. When you said that the people you have a relationship with molds and makes you the person you are relay hits home for me. When I was 13 years old I was diagnosed with cancer and my parents and family and one close friend was always there for me. With my family they have shape me to be a loving supportive and family caring person that I am today. Though I am grateful for every day now without my family and my friend I might not have had the support I would have needed to get though the time in my life. Now I'm a social bird who cares and worries about everyone I meet. I know that I am grateful to my family and staff member who took care of me.

    ReplyDelete