Saturday, March 8, 2014

Getting Ready—Establishing Professional Contacts and Expanding Resources


This assignment was very challenging. As I explored the naeyc website under their global alliances I set out to contacts of the alliances. I contacted all the alliances from Africa and Asia. I emailed these alliances and stated my names, where I'm from, the university that I attend, my major, and the class I am currently enrolled in. Also, I stated the purpose of this email. As of now none of these alliances have responded to my email. So I began my search and I can upon this website http://www.nbcdi.org/, the National Black Child Development Institute (NBCDI). The National Black Child Development Institute (NBCDI) mission is “to improve and advance the quality of life for Black children and their families through education and advocacy, which ensures a successful future for all children.” “NBCDI supports and works primarily with Black children birth through age eight and their families, through coalition building with community-based organizations, foundations, corporations, school systems, elected officials, government, child care, Head Start and many other public and private partnerships.”


References


National Black Child Development Institute


The Global Alliance of NAEYC


 





No comments:

Post a Comment